I’ve been loving the “What I Wore Sunday” linkup over at Fine Linen and Purple the last few weeks and I’m finally participating today!
I love dressing up for Mass. Churches often pride themselves on having a casual, come-as-you-are-(even-if-that-means-you’re-wearing-too-tight-jeggings-and-an-ill-fitting-sweater) attitude, and while it’s great (and right) to encourage holier interior participating in Sunday worship, I’ve found that it really doesn’t hurt to put a little bit of effort into your outer appearance as well. You’d dress up if the President invited you over for dinner, right? Well, Jesus invites you to Mass every week. It only seems right to me to make an effort in how I look, while trying my best to prepare spiritually and not to judge anyone else on their attire.
So, here’s what I wore:
The deets: (Does anyone say that anymore? No?)
Top: Ann Taylor (Remember when you lived at home and your mom bought your clothes? I miss that.)
Skirt: J.Crew (via Goodwill. BOOM! Thrifted.)
Shoes: Gianni Bini
This was also the first time I’ve pulled out my Spanx since before I was pregnant, and I felt so great that I didn’t even feel bad about a trip to Shipley’s Donuts after Mass. Oops!
Other highlights from the weekend:
- Date night at Genghis Grill
- Progress on my quilted tree skirt
- Lighting our first Advent wreath candle (we’re not moving for the first time in three Advents! Yay!)
- Lots of time spent with Charles (who’s not studying for an exam right now! Yay again!)
- Finding out Vandy’s going to the Music City Bowl and locked down Franklin with another contract! (Triple yay!)