I’m sitting in the glider with a sleeping baby on my shoulder, and since I’m not feeling terribly lucky tonight, I’m not going to try to move her until she’s been asleep for a good half hour or so. Perfect time to blog from my phone, don’t ya think?
Since I just want to get my thoughts out there, this is going to be another bulleted update. Hey, it’s at least a step up from stream of consciousness, right?
• Natalie had another pediatrician appointment last Friday. She had her first round of vaccines, and thankfully she didn’t have any sort of bad reaction to them. She was up to 12 lbs, 15 oz, and 23.5 inches. (Trivia: that’s just 7 oz and 0.5 inch bigger than her daddy at birth. At 37 weeks. My poor, poor mother-in-law.)
• Speaking if in-laws, Charles’s parents are coming up to babysit this weekend so Charles and I can go to the wedding of my friends Lakendra and Ross. Lakendra and I went to Egypt together, and she is one funny, intelligent, sweet friend. I am so excited for her!
• Mom came to visit on Saturday. I got to take her on a walk in my favorite park. If you’re ever in Hendersonville, you have to walk along the Hendersonville Greenway in Drake’s Creek Park. It runs alongside Drake’s Creek, and there are lots of waterfowl to check out while you’re walking. It’s all so lush and naturey.
• I’m super excited about the arrival of my nephew James this July! I’m going to start on a quilt for him soon. A boy quilt! How fun! My sister came to visit at the beginning of this month, and it was very clear that she’s going to be a fabulous mom. She didn’t even bat an eye changing one of Natalie’s stinky diapers.
• The second graders at Assumption had their First Holy Communion on Sunday. Guess who got all weepy in the back of the church? It wasn’t Charles or Natalie.
• Now, for a few pictures, and we’ll call it a blog post:
Thanks for reading! Happy Monday!